Monday, January 09, 2012

inventory...

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. Actually it’s been over a year. Life hasn’t been too exciting. Despite what most seem to think, it's been downright boring. Ugh. With the new year upon us and the occasional talk of resolutions, I decided to take inventory of my life. I’ve got to do something with the old before I can move on to the new. Leaving it all behind and starting over isn’t an option. We are what we are. And what we are is often defined by what we have or haven’t done and what we do and do not have. As many of you know, I have tons of film. I’ve been scanning the images for quite a while but I can’t seem to stay focused and on track with them. I know it’s not necessary, but I feel that something has to be done with these before I can move on.

The numbers…

Images scanned: 1,494

Digital: 21,579

Un-scanned: 15,883

Undeveloped: 3,204 (89 rolls) photos of you are some where in here.

Unexposed: 828 (23 rolls) you could be photographed with one of these if i like you.

4x5 Polaroid: 44

Total: 43,032

As daunting as this staggering amount of images seems to be, it won’t be that bad if I actually get started and stick with it. I usually only like about 10% of my work, and even less than that makes it online. Sorry if I owe you any shots. I can’t promise that you’ll see them this year but I will put forth my best effort to get them out. My goal for the year is to add 2,284 to my personal portfolio. Hopefully more. Unfortunately this lofty goal means I won’t be shooting much this year. My social life will probably be centered around the shooting of what i still need to shoot. The 23 rolls that I have left are primarily special and experimental. Stuff like discontinued Kodak films, extapress, ektachrome, super high speed, infrared (colour and black & white), velvia tungsten balanced and some other oddballs.

To view this project in progress, go to my tumblr. There's already a lot there and I'm committed to posting at least 1 new pic per day. Bookmark it and consider it your lunch break 'photo du jour'.